We have partnered with MediCopy to fulfill your Release of Information requests. MediCopy is fully HIPAA compliant and adheres to all state and federal regulations concerning release of medical information.
There is no cost to patients or their provider for copies of their medical records but delivery fees apply for postage when records are mailed. Records sent via email or to another provider are complimentary.
More information about Medicopy’s Release of Information Services is available here:
Requesting a copy of your Medical Records is easy:
- Submit a request authorizing the release of information. You can submit the request online or via paper. Click the link for your preferred option.
To ensure your request is routed properly, please list “Surgical Specialists of Charlotte” on the first line as the facility name. You do not need to enter an address.
If you complete your request using paper, use one of the following methods to submit:
- Email: A .pdf of the completed form labeled with the patient’s name can be emailed to email@example.com
- Mail: MediCopy 8 City Blvd. Suite 400 Nashville, TN 37209
- In-Person: Drop the completed form off at your doctor’s office.
- Once received, Medicopy will begin fulfilling your request. Requests are generally completed within two (2) business days after receipt by MediCopy.
Please make sure you have completed the authorization in its entirety. If any required information is left off of the authorization, this could cause a delay in the fulfillment of the request.