Coronavirus (COVID-19) Notice
As we watch the progression of Coronavirus (also known as COVID-19), our offices are observing basic actions to prevent the spread of any viruses and protect you and your family. First and foremost, if you or anyone in your family has flu-like symptoms, you should stay home and self-quarantine. Because our primary concern is always the health and safety of our team members and patients, and in light of recent COVID-19 concerns, we wanted to let you know that we are increasing our already high standards to make our offices as safe as we can. We are closely following the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), local governments, and public health agencies. All of our team members have been trained to uphold and practice the precautionary measures below:
1. We make proper handwashing a priority.
2. We are increasing the frequency of our office cleanliness & sanitization procedures.
3. We are making sure any team member feeling sick stays home.
4. We actively promoting / encouraging the use of online registration and check-in technology.
5. We have limited all business-related air travel.
Based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control, we are also requesting the following from all of our patients with scheduled appointments at any of our 11 area locations, to include anyone that would typically accompany a patient. Please call our office to reschedule your appointment if you have any of these symptoms:
- Sore Throat
- New Onset of Shortness of breath
Additionally, we strongly encouraging all patients to complete the required registration and medical intake paperwork online, prior to your scheduled appointment, in order to minimize patient to patient and staff to patient multi-use of intake pads, clipboards, pens, etc. Patients with an email or cell phone on file will receive a link to the online registration portal approximately 3 to 4 days prior to their office appointment with Surgical Specialists.
And, we are implementing an COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire for all patients scheduled for an office visit to help identify high-risk patients prior to their visits. If you are deemed high risk, you will be contacted and asked to reschedule your appointment for the safety of our team members and other patients.
Seek Medical Advice from your Primary Care Physician or from your local Urgent Care / Emergency Department if you:
- Develop any of the symptoms listed above
- Have been in close contact with a person known to have coronavirus
- If you live in or have recently been in an area with an ongoing spread of coronavirus
- For More information: CDC.GOV/COVID19-SYMPTOMS
- NC Coronavirus hotline – 866-462-3821
- SC Centers of Disease Control – 800-232-4636
Information adapted from the CDC.